Office Administrator Job Description Summary
Hirschman Oil Supply is a third-generation owned petroleum distributor located in Reese, MI. We are a small, family-owned business with the stability, job security and competitive wages offered by much larger companies. Our focus on striving to delight our customers, paying attention to detail, embracing technology and getting things right the first time have helped us become the foremost petroleum marketer in the Great Lakes Bay Region. Our daily work environment is dynamic and challenging while at the same being rewarding and respectful.
The successful candidate must have strong analytical skills, people skills, and be able to thrive in a dynamic environment. The candidate needs to possess the ability to work independently and have an aptitude for accounting & money handling.
Major Job Responsibilities:
- Oversee and participate in:
- Customer service via phone and walk in traffic
- Maintain Petro Depot and delivery accounts
- Petro Depot bi-monthly invoicing
- Monthly statement generation
- Month-end closure – accounting and inventory reconciliation
- Accounts receivable mgt. with GM
- Ticket posting
- Payment posting
- Relationship with Deposit Bank
- Relationship with Credit Card processor
- Phone system
- Office business machines
- Office Inventory supply
- Be cross-trained in and prepared to share in:
- Bill of lading entry
- Accounts payable
- Tax reporting
- Generation of in-house P & L statements
- Additional duties assigned as needed
- Work proficiently in proprietary DM2 software, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Accounting and cash handling experience
- Trustworthy, dependable and reliable
- Work independently
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Able to relate to customers, office staff, drivers, and management in a professional and upbeat manner.
Work Hours & Benefits:
The office administrator will report to the General Manager while working alongside other office staff and owner. Work hours will be 40/hrs. a week, Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Occasional additional hours are probable, due to seasonal business and coworker vacation relief. We strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance, some variances in starting and ending time will be considered. Competitive compensation based on skill level. Benefits include: health insurance w/dental, 401K retirement plan, paid vacation, short and long-term disability insurance.
- Mail to:
Hirschman Oil Supply
Attn: Mark Hirschman
PO Box 365
Reese, MI 48757
- Drop off:
2727 W. Vassar Rd.
Reese, MI 48757