About our Propane Services
Reliability… Personal Service… Competitive Pricing…
Family Owned & Operated… For the service and reliability you expect from your propane company… Call Hirschman Propane.
We can service all of your propane needs, whether it be home heating, agricultural or commercial.
Delivery is available anywhere in Saginaw, Tuscola, Midland and Bay counties.
We are offering two forms of price protection for the heating season, and “free” gallons to new customers.
Please call our office for additional details.
You may purchase your entire winter usage amount or purchase a portion of your annual usage. A minimum of 600 gallons is required (this amount may be subject to adjustment). Once your pre-buy gallons are used up the pricing will go to daily market price for all future deliveries. If you have a credit balance, you may request a check after April 30th or roll over the credit to a new plan the following season.
Price Cap Plan
CAP your price for the entire heating season (ends April 30th of the following year). Hirschman’s will deliver your propane on an automatic delivery system and as long as your account stays within our credit terms (net 30 days ) we will honor the price cap program for that heating year. (Credit terms apply)
Balance your heat cost into even monthly payments with our Price Capped Budget program. 11 month plan, with your 1st payment due August 10th. Reconciliation of your account will be by June 30th of the following year. Adjustments for any over or underpayment are made in July (the final month of the plan). We estimate your payment based on your consumption and weather data. Hirschman reserves the right to adjust the budget payment midyear if the account is not trending to a zero balance by July 1st. (Credit terms apply)
Will Call (Call in) Service
Will Call service is more expensive per gallon than our Automatic Fill Service. This service allows you to control when deliveries are made. Once you place an order for propane or fuel oil, delivery will occur within five (5) working days. To make sure you do not run out of fuel it is important to order when your tank gauge reads 25%.This allows sufficient time for next delivery in your area. Propane customers must realize an additional charge may be assessed if you run out of gas or request emergency delivery. A leak test must be performed to ensure the run out not due to a leak in the supply system, there is a $75 fee to pressure test and relight appliances.
Automatic Delivery Plan
For our customers who choose to enroll in our Automatic Delivery Plan, Hirschman uses a computerized, degree day scheduling system to ensure you don’t run out of fuel. There is no additional charge for this service.Each home’s fuel consumption is different based on home and heating system characteristics as well as home owner tastes. Once you enroll in the program, we will closely monitor usage during the first few months of a heating season. Then, we combine that knowledge with our constant monitoring of weather conditions to develop a customized delivery schedule for your home.If you are interested in this program: Call us to enroll. Then, over time, simply inform us of any significant changes to your home or home environment that might affect your fuel usage patterns such as building an addition, people moving in or out, etc.
We’ll never leave you out in the cold.
If for any reason you should run out of fuel or you are about to, Hirschman is ready to assist you with our ready fleet of cellular dispatched vehicles. If you need an emergency delivery of oil or propane, there will be an additional charge. However, for our Automatic Delivery customers and those who have enrolled in one of our Service Programs, that additional fee will be waived.
If you are interested in this program, just call us day or night, anytime, and we will happily work with you to get your furnace up and running again.
Propane Safety FAQ
• When the smell of gas lasts more than an instant after igniting stovetop burners.
• When the presence of a foul odor persists and you cannot find the reason.?
• When you hear a hissing noise near a gas appliance, piping, or storage tanks and cylinders
• Some people (especially the elderly) are unable to detect the smell of gas.
• Colds, allergies, sinus congestion, and the use of tobacco, alcohol, or drugs, may diminish your sense of smell.
• Cooking odors or other strong odors can cover up the smell of gas.
• On rare occasions, propane gas may lose its distinctive odor, this is called odor fade. Air, water, and rust in a propane tank or cylinder may weaken the gas odor, especially if the valves were left open after the container has been emptied.
• Sometimes propane gas can lose its odor if a leak occurs underground.
If you smell gas in your house, RV, workplace, or around any gas equipment or appliance you should:
• Put out all smoking materials and other open flames immediately.
• Any spark or flame in the area where propane gas is present may ignite the gas. This could include the spark of a light switch, telephone, fan, or refrigerator motor, and even static electricity from walking across a room or flame from a burner, pilot light or cigarette lighter.
• Do NOT operate electric switches.
• Do NOT light matches.
• Do NOT use your phone.
• Immediately get everyone out of the building, vehicle, camper, or area.
• Close all supply valves on gas tank or cylinder.
• Use your neighbor’s phone to call a trained propane service person and the fire department.
• Do NOT re-enter the building, vehicle, camper, or area until a trained service person or the fire department advises it is safe to return.
• Let the trained propane service person or firefighters check for escaped gas. Have them air out the area before you return.
Have the trained propane service person:
• Repair the leak.
• Pressure check the system.
• Turn on the gas.
• Check all the gas appliances.
• Re-light the pilots on the appliances.
Re-enter the area only when the trained service person or firefighters say it is safe.
If you are a current customer of Hirschman Oil & Propane, you have experienced the personal, friendly service you expect from a family owned and operated propane supplier. You’ve realized the savings that comes from our Price Protection programs tailored to your individual needs. Refer a friend to Hirschman Oil & Propane so they too can discover what you already know. If they become a qualified auto-fill customer, we’ll pay you a $50 referral reward. Not to be used with any other offer or discount. Some restrictions apply.
Pre-Buy Program: Special Price per Gallon
• Guarantees a “fixed” price per gallon on your pre-bought gallons for the heating season
• Pay for the propane now, and we’ll deliver it on our “Auto Fill Program”
• Minimum purchase of 600 gallons
Price Cap Protection Program:
(Paid within terms)
• If the market price is below the “cap” price at the time of delivery, you will receive the lower price
• Credit approval and Auto-Fill required to participate in this program
• Minimum annual usage: 600 gallons per year
Budget Payment Plan also available. Call for details.
Gallons available through the end of April for both programs.
Prices DO NOT include sales tax.